Wisconsin NOW State Convention
Saturday, April 21, 10 am – 2 pm
Wisconsin Institute of Discovery
Orchard View Room, 2nd Floor
330 N. Orchard St. Madison, WI 53715
Elect Wisconsin State Chapter officers ♦ Hear from diverse speakers ♦ Participate in an LGBTQ Ally training
Light refreshments will be provided.
Watch this space for more information!
Officer Positions for Election
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions and to nominate someone for a position, including yourself! The names of those running will be sent to members in advance of the convention.
- Officers shall be elected for two-year terms at the regular State Conference. No member shall hold more than one elective office at a time, and no member shall be eligible to serve more than four consecutive terms in the same office.
- All candidates for state office must belong to the National Organization for Women for no fewer than three months prior to the State Conference and must be members of WI NOW.
- Any of these roles may be co-led by two members
- Local officers may also hold state positions, except for presidents
- See the full state chapter bylaws for further information
1). Call and chair a State council meeting at least every three months.
2) Convene new chapters.
3) Chair the State Conference.
4) Maintain contact with each Chapter and attempt to visit each Chapter once per year. The President may call on the Vice Presidents to help with this responsibility.
5) Perform any additional duties which may be assigned by the membership or required by the policies of WI NOW.
6) Expand NOW’s presence and impact statewide, include working to help start new chapters of NOW in areas without a nearby local chapter.
Vice President – Executive
1) Serve as president when the President is absent.
2) Assist the President in maintaining personal contact with the Chapters.
3) Perform additional duties assigned by WI NOW.
Vice President of Action
1) Suggest and oversee actions designed to further WI NOW’s policies and priority issues.
2) Assist the Task Force Chairs.
3) Ensure that WI NOW meets the affirmative action requirements set forth in National Organization for Women policies.
4) Perform additional duties assigned by WI NOW.
1) Overall all assets of Wisconsin NOW.
2) Work with the officers and state council to prepare an annual budget.
3) Monitor all income and expenditures and pay necessary bills.
4) File all necessary governmental reports.
5) Prepare financial reports for the officers, state council, and membership.
6) Prepare and distribute minutes of all state council meetings, state conferences, and other meetings as directed by the officers.
7) Work with the other officers or committees to maintain lists of state leadership.
8) Other duties as assigned by the organization.
Social Media Chair
1) Work with president to develop social media calendar.
2) Update Wisconsin NOW’s social media on a regular basis, according to the social media calendar.
3) Generate and revise content as needed.
4) Examine and analyze followers, likes, shares, etc. to report to the officers on a regular basis.
5) Regulate and manage access rights of different users on the social media accounts.
6) Plan for future content and changes per social media trends.